Request Digital GIS Data for a Town or Region in Maine
The following data layers used to create the Beginning with Habitat maps are available in ESRI Shapefile format. Available data layers are listed below.
Note - this data is intended for planning purposes only. For other uses, or for areas larger than a few towns, please contact Bill Hancock (email@example.com, 287-5258).
Please read the following before requesting data:
- You will need GIS software to view and use this data
- The shapefiles, ESRI layer files (*.lyr), and accompanying metadata will be mailed to you on CD.
- Towns and land trusts or other conservation groups receiving a Beginning
with Habitat presentation may request free digital data for their area of
interest before or after the presentation. Towns undergoing
the comprehensive planning process receive BwH data as part of the SPO
Comprehensive Planning Resource Package.
- Data are available for the organized towns of Maine only.
- Updated Data: The data layers included here are updated by the
source agencies on different schedules. Users are encouraged to
update their data annually.
- Requests for digital data covering more than 5 towns should be directed Bill Hancock (firstname.lastname@example.org, 287-5258)
- Every effort is made to process data requests within 10 working days.